12.20.2009

Christmas Baking

Today was the start of Christmas baking season. I finished the first batch of zucchini bread - a big family favorite since my MIL gave me the recipe years ago - and tonight I plan to make peanut butter fudge - another family fav made from my mother's recipe.

I love traditional holiday foods and recipes, and occasionally - not often - I'll find a new one that just has to be added. Like these 'cheater' cinnamon rolls. Not sure where I got this recipe but I'll be making these often - Dick and I ate the entire batch this afternoon. So easy, so tasty, so gone.

Cinnamon Rolls
8-oz. package refrigerated crescent rolls
2 T margarine, softened
1/2 t cinnamon (I plan to add more next time)
2 T raisins (I left these out; hubby's not a raisin fan)
3/4 c powdered sugar
3-4 T milk (I substituted water - and a lot less than called for)

Unroll dough into one large rectangle; seal all perforations. Spread margarine evenly over dough. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over dough. Sprinkle raisins over sugar and cinnamon.

Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from the longest side. Slice into 22 pieces. Place slices on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (my rolls were almost burnt after 17 minutes.)

Combine powdered sugar and milk (or water); drizzle over warm rolls. Enjoy!

0 comments: