2.21.2009

Finished!

Yesterday, I finished the woven shawl I started in December. This was supposed to be my Christmas shawl - I'm either a little late for 2008 or very early for 2009. The warp (long-wise threads) is Noro Kureyon and the weft (cross-wise threads) is black alpaca from my stash. I still need to fix a few floats on the wrong side and I think I'm going to add beads to the fringe for a little 'bling'. But it's wearable and I love it.

When Leia was first born I made her a Hexagon Baby Jacket. She has long since outgrown it but it was such a fun, easy pattern I thought I'd make her another one.
And I couldn't just do the same thing again. So last night I sat down and wrote my own version of the pattern, increasing the size to 9-12 months, changing the collar style and adding ruffles at the hem and sleeves for a girly touch. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Probably tomorrow I'll get some better photos and then post the pattern here and on Ravelry. I showed this around the yarn shop today and at least 2 people want to make an adult version. Hmmmmm, wonder if that would work . . . .