12.27.2008

Making Progress

My Eva's Shawl (non-Ravelry link; opens a .pdf file), that I hoped to have done in time for Christmas, is just about finished. I'm going to add another 3-row repeat to make it just a touch longer; then I need to crochet the 2-row border, weave in my ends, and it's ready for blocking. Love the pattern - very easy bat-wing design that should stay on my shoulders when I wear it.
The yarn is Crystal Palace's Panda Silk DK in Cranberry Tones (a blend of bamboo, wool and silk). I went gaga for this the minute I saw it; bought an entire bag (12 balls) so I'd have enough to do whatever project I wanted.

About half way into the first ball, I decided looks aren't everything. The yarn is super splitty and tangles on itself badly. I still love the colors but it's a good thing my LYS will take back unused balls. Looks like 7 of these are going back.

0 comments: