5.22.2008

Projects and Baggs

Dick went to a woodworking show - and I got a present! This is one of the best knitting/ crochet bags I've ever seen. Sturdy (washable) canvas, lots of room, great shape, tons of pockets sized for hooks and needles, and best of all? It unzips and lays flat so you can find things easier. The Nantucket Diddy Bagg was created for carpenters but - according to the story Dick heard - the designer had a knitting wife and made this so it would work for her too. Well thought out, sturdy, and cool - this bagg is awesome.

I have a bad habit of returning from a workshop, intent on practicing what I learned, then putting it aside and never touching it again. I don't want that to happen with rug weaving. I took the remaining bit of warp still on the loom and made this -
It's almost more fringe than rug, but I was able to practice twining, fringe finishing and some of the weaving techniques I learned in Kansas. I'm kind of proud of my little mug rug.

0 comments: