4.16.2008

CBAM

I've probably mentioned it before, but I love teaching crochet classes and my favorite of all is the crochet block-a-month class. It's a small group of fairly new crocheters and it's exciting for me when they "get" a new technique.

Rather than teaching 'pretty' squares like last year, I'm concentrating on techniques and stitches that can be used in other things. Like sweaters. Or shawls. Or anything else they want to make. Sort of like Crochet 102.

This month's block was pretty complex - the Celtic braid square.
(This is the smaller test version I'm using for my afghan. The class project was bigger, with crossed cables on each side.)

For next month, I want to do something a little easier, so I'm basing the square on a stitch pattern I found in a vintage magazine -
I'm calling it the Starry Eyes Square. Can you see the eye in each little star?It's pretty, it's unusual and it's easy. The perfect combination.

0 comments: