3.11.2008

Construction Update

First up, dress construction. Addy's dress is about 5 rows further along than when I took this photo last night. I'm concerned that the neck and armholes are too small - so I've come up with a 'fix'. If I need it bigger, I'm going to take out the shoulder seams, lengthen the front shoulder pieces, add a button hole and button on each side, and voila! Adjustable, custom dress. Last night I found the yarn I bought for trim. I think the dark pink will look pretty at the shoulders and hem.

Dick's been working like crazy to get things done around the house. The floor leading to the Harry Potter closet is finished and grouted. I love how he set the tiles on the diagonal.
The tile is also down in the living room and dining room. Doing the center of each room is a piece of cake compared to the edges, where each tile has to be custom cut to make sure it fits correctly. Kind of like quilting, or stained glass work. Making all those half-diamonds and little wedges would drive me crazy. Dick seems to thrive on that kind of precision work. Once the tiles are cut and cemented down, Dick slaps on the grout- looks like he's playing with mud pies, doesn't it? - which has to be carefully cleaned off without taking it out from between the tiles. Painstaking and back-tiring work. Tomorrow the baseboards go on and the furniture gets moved back into place. Can't wait!

0 comments: