3.25.2008

Compulsive Again

I'm sure you're shocked that I'm being compulsive. But what may surprise you is what I'm being compulsive about. Knitting. Specifically, my newest knit project, the Weekend Pullover from Knitting Pure & Simple, that I started Saturday night - that's 3 days ago.

It's a top-down project made on size 17 needles with super-bulky yarn* - 2 stitches per inch. Needless to say, it's going fast, even for a novice knitter like me. I'm going for a length of 25.5" so I still have a little ways to go (that's slightly longer than called for in the pattern, but the same length as a favorite sweater)

I worked on it for 2 hours this afternoon and finished almost 4" around the body.
I want to wear it when we go to Yosemite on April 9, so I need to have it to the point that I can put the sleeves back on the needles when I go to spin night at my LYS this Thursday. I think I know how to do that, but I'll feel better having one of the experts watching and critiquing when I actually take the plunge.

*Yarn is Sirdar's Denim Ultra in #509-beige. It's squishy soft and made of 60% acrylic, 25% cotton and 15% wool. Should be a good year-round sweater.

0 comments: