11.21.2007

Zero to 3" Overnight

Look what we woke up to this morning - it was snowing when we went to bed last night. We woke up to about 3" of the white stuff and it's still coming down. Looks like a white turkey day for us this year. We spent yesterday afternoon with Addison. Rachel picked her up from Grandpa Jim's and dropped her off with us during her lunch break. Addy wasn't sure about us at first, but she figured out pretty quickly that we're push-overs.

Addy is a paparazzi's dream. She loves cameras and poses, looking straight into the lens, whenever one comes near her. She can be half asleep, all comfy on daddy's lap,
but as soon as she hears the camera turn on - she's wide awake and watching. The only way to get a 'candid' shot is to distract her - turning her upside down usually works.

Addy was kind enough to model the two hats I made her. The froggy hat looks even better upside-down and backwards.
And I love the bobble hat - I hadn't yet finished the ear flaps and ties when I took this photo. Isn't she the cutest? This is my take on the Child's Helmet Hat from 24-Hour Crochet Projects. The first try, made according to the pattern, ended up in the trash. I like my version better.

And did you notice that Addy isn't looking at the camera? We had two cameras going - she decided mom was the one who needed watching.

0 comments: