9.02.2007

Lazy Days

It's been too hot here to do much besides sit in an air-conditioned room and read - which is exactly how Dick & I have spent our day. According to the weather service, Camarillo hit a high of 93, and as of 6 pm it's still 86 outside. I love that our coastal climate stays mild most of the year; I really dislike these end-of-summer heat waves.

Friday we went shopping for Addy necessities. It's been a few years since we've had a baby in the house - my 'baby' is 18 now - and I'd forgotten just how much "stuff" you need for little ones. We started at a local baby-to-teen resale store that had been recommended, but ended up making the purchase at my favorite French store, Le Target.
High chair, stroller and bed. Check.

Dick was up early today and finished another section of tile before the heat got really bad.
Tomorrow morning he plans to cut the pieces needed to fill in under the window and by the fireplace. Tuesday he'll grout this section. Wednesday it will dry (fast in this heat; see there is one benefit to the weather) and Thursday we'll move the furniture back into place. Thursday night Rachel and Addy arrive - perfect timing.

0 comments: