9.24.2007

And . . We're Back

I didn't mean to take a week's vacation from the blog but we were having so much fun in Colorado that blogging just didn't happen.

We took Addy home last Monday. She entertained our fellow travelers while we waited at Burbank's Bob Hope Airport, then fell asleep while we sat on the tarmac (with no air conditioning) waiting to take off. She woke up two plus hours later as we were circling to land in Denver. I know our plane-mates had visions of 'screaming baby' when they saw us board, but Addy was the perfect passenger.


Rachel and I did a lot of shopping and planning for Saturday's wedding reception
while Dick stayed home and played with Addy. (It was his choice. He could have come craft-store shopping with us . . . Yeah, like that was going to happen.) I finished weaving in the ends & sewing the trim on Addy's new dress - and also made her a Pretty Baby sweater. It's a good thing I was able to try it on while it was 'in progress' - the 6-9 month size was about right for width, but much too short. I ended up using the 12-18 month sizing for the body and arm length. I was really pleased with how it turned out. On Thursday, Rachel and John made dinner reservations for us at the Melting Pot in Fort Collins (a 3-course fondue dinner that included a pot of dark chocolate with brownies, strawberries, bananas, Rice Krispie treats, and more to dip. Heaven!)so we could celebrate our wedding anniversary (# 33!) a day early. We decided to make a day of it, starting at Lambspun - an entire house of knitting, crochet, spinning, & weaving goodness, with its own cafe on the premises; thanks to Kristi I knew exactly which shop I wanted to visit - and then antiquing at several shops along College Ave. Dick found a couple of tools, including an antique staple gun, to add to his collection; I restrained myself - it was hard! - and came home with just two vintage linen doilies. Thanks to Rachel and John's thoughtfulness, it was the perfect anniversary/ date-day celebration.

Tomorrow - the wedding reception.

1 comments:

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Next time you're up in FtC, hit My Sister Knits! Not as big as Lambspun, but has a really nice feel and atmosphere to it. The only thing missing is spinning stuff :-)