8.20.2007

FO's!

First up, the scarf I made from the silk/tencel yarn I bought at Morro Fleece Works during our mini-vacation. The best thing about this scarf is that I discovered I can crochet on road trips, as long as I don't have to be really precise in my hook placement. Give me a big, open pattern and time in the car just flies. The pattern is your basic "V" stitch; with the lumpy-bumpy nature of the yarn, it's really hard to see individual stitches. I still love the yarn but the further I got into the skein, the thicker and thicker the white silk strand became. I'm choosing to believe that was what the spinner intended . . . and not that this was their first effort. (a possibility)

This is the most accurate color.

I'm a bit behind in getting samples
to the shop for my crochet block-a-month class. This is September's block, which I'll be teaching in less than 2 weeks. It's a thread crochet pattern from 1946 that I tweaked a little. I love how it looks. This one was made with Misti Alpaca Worsted (100% baby alpaca) in color #4388 (a plumy-purple) using an "H" hook.
And this is Addy's version in Bernat CottonTots 100% cotton, also with an "H" hook. The colors in this photo are really dark but it shows the pattern best, I think. I have 8 blocks done for Addy's blankie. I hope to get 4 more done and the blanket pieced together before she arrives on September 6. Anybody want to take that bet?

0 comments: