7.03.2007

A Little Too Warm

We're in the midst of a heat wave (cue dramatic voice-over "Heat Watch 2007. Film at 11.") Being near the coast keeps the temps down a bit, so we only got to about 87 today. That's hot for us! I'm not going to get any sympathy, especially from Vickie - temps in her area were supposed to reach 107.

Just think how much hotter it would feel to be covered in fur -
Oreo was making the best of it, passed out in front of open windows, with her foot on some cold metal.
Leave me alone. I'm sleeping.

And speaking of Vickie, look what Dick made for her birthday. (Happy 30th, V!)
This is how it started out - as a cherry burl tree branch. Pretty nice transformation, yes?

And how did I spend my day? By taking this off the loom.
Before washing, it's 17" wide by 72" long, not counting the fringe. Handpainted brushed mohair. A tad hot for this time of year, but I love it!

1 comments:

Meg said...

such a beautiful woven scarf, wondering if I need to learn a new craft? :)