7.15.2007

Class Day

I love taking classes. Seeing how others work with fiber, hearing what inspires them, learning new techniques - I love it all. Today's class was freeform creative knitting at my favorite LYS.

Brecia, the instructor, showed us how she makes incredible shawls, scarves and sweaters using a variety of yarns that are knit or crocheted into organic shapes.
My project is mostly knit - with some crochet thrown in at the end (I can go sooooo much faster with a hook.) I really enjoyed the class - especially learning where Brecia gets the ideas and inspiration for her pieces - but I don't think freeform knitting is something I'll pursue. I can't see myself wearing this (it really does look better in person); I guess I'm more of a straight line kinda girl.

The Baby Wolf is warped for cotton towels and I started weaving the huck lace sampler last night.
It's incredibly hard to get a usable photo of white or off-white yarn, but you can see some of the detail in this shot. The warp for the sock yarn scarf is cut and partially on the small Mountain loom. If this project turns out half-way decent, I'd like to put it in the fair. Deadline for entries is next Sunday so wish me luck!

0 comments: