6.16.2007

More Addy

The gang - Dick, Gary, Rachel & John - took a glass blowing class today so I got the baby all to myself. I'd forgotten how much 'stuff' babies use. Between the diapers and wipes and bottles and formula and bibs and toys and books and everything else, our living room looked like a bomb went off, with a very small person at its epicenter.Yesterday, while I was looking for a floor covering, I found the frog blanket that I made for Rachel when she started preschool. This was the first thing I ever appliquéd. I've always loved it; it's just so cheerful and silly. All four kids used this as their official 'nap blankie' when it was their turn for preschool. It's held up pretty well for as many washings as it's been through; I can only find one place where the fabric has separated from the top stitching. Now we'll use it as Addy's - and future grandchildren's (finger crossed!) - 'grandma's house' blankie.

Somebody was just a little jealous of all the attention Addy was getting. Oreo usually spends her days sitting in my lap or following me around the house. She couldn't get in my lap today - Addy was there - so she lay as close to me as she could get and still be out of baby-reach. Doesn't her expression just say 'put upon'? Hang in there, Oreo, things will return to normal soon. Bummer.

And the glass blowing adventure? Not a single picture. There were 4 cell phone cameras and one digital camera on the premises - and not one person remembered to take a photo. But they did come back with about 50 ornaments. Now I have to figure a way to ship them to Denver without them becoming 'crushed' glass.

0 comments: