5.01.2007

Inordinately Proud

The first real square for my knit block-a-month project is done. I give you . . . . basketweave! (It'll look better after I block it, honest.)

And this weekend I figured out how to start my seed stitch block
- without having to wait for Sally or Wenona to show me.

These two blocks will join my first (very sad) garter stitch block. This was the first knit thing I ever finished and it will have the place of honor in my afghan.

I think I'm finally getting the hang of this knitting thing. I made some errors on the seed stitch block and I was able to unknit it and fix them without having to rip it all out and start over. Tomorrow is another knitting lesson with Sally and I think our next square is lace. The desire to make lace shawls (this one!) is the reason I'm determined to master this knitting thing. Should be interesting.

0 comments: