4.23.2007

Knitted FO

Have you had your smile for the day? Addy ate her first cereal yesterday and dad caught the action on video. Cute!

Betty's Fabric in Santa Maria had some yarns I'd never seen before, including this super soft "Moods" from Universal Yarns. (197 yards of 50% wool and 50% acrylic). I love how the color changes from darkest black, to progressively lighter grays, to solid white before reversing the process back to black.
Dick is a black and white kind of guy (hee) so I thought this would make a perfect scarf for him. I cast on 32 stitches on size 13 needles - the manufacturer recommended size 7-9 needles but I went bigger since I wanted this to be loose. I knit every row until I got to a solid white or solid black section of yarn, then I did six rows of stockinette before going back to garter stitch.I'm pleased with how it turned out. If I had it to do over, I'd cast on fewer stitches - maybe 15 - so it wouldn't be as wide. But it's soft, has great drape, and it's FINISHED. In only two days. And I was able to watch TV while I knit; I didn't have to concentrate solely on what I was doing. Love it!
I'd like to get more of this yarn in other colors (they had a great turquoise and a purple that I liked) but I can't find it on-line anywhere. Anybody know where I can get more of this without having to go back to Santa Maria?

0 comments: