2.27.2007

Real FO's!

I finished two shawls over the last couple of days. They're the same pattern - I'm teaching this one at my favorite yarn shop in March - in different weight yarns. This one is Blue Sky Alpacas worsted weight Organic Cotton in 'Tomato'. Blue Sky Alpacas is fast becoming my all time favorite yarn company. Their alpaca/silk yarn is fabulous - great colors and incredibly soft. I haven't succumbed to the allure of their brushed suri yarn yet, but I can feel myself weakening. Soon, very soon . . . .

I'd planned to make only one sample shawl - until I saw this yarn.
This is the brand new Ty-Dy 100% cotton yarn from Knit One, Crochet Too in 'Magenta Moss'. (Check out 'Cafe Latte' in the link. I LOVE those colors.) It was love at first sight - or first touch. It's a DK (light worsted? I'm not sure what what the difference is) and I loved working with it. Great texture, not splitty, and worked up fast. My only complaint? I wish the colors were more random and not quite so stripey.

AJ made herself right at home, as usual.
She sees wet, pinned crochet and immediately thinks 'aha! a bed just for me!' Wish I could have gotten a picture of her 'attacking' the blocking wires. She entertained herself (and me) for quite awhile.

0 comments: